POC URBACT networks, European cities
Cities inspiring each other
You wish to improve or change local policies
You want to share and exchange knowledge with other European cities working on the same problems/ challenges as your city does
Your city wants to develop a Local Action Plan to tackle a local problem or face a specific challenge
You want to involve inhabitants and relevant key stakeholders in the development of your local policies
If you feel in line with the above objectives and you want to exchange and learn from your peers on a specific challenge, you can become a Lead Partner or a Project Partner of an URBACT network.
Territorial Cooperation at European level
For about 15 years, the URBACT programme has been the European Territorial Cooperation programme aiming to foster sustainable integrated urban development in cities across Europe. It is an instrument of the Cohesion Policy, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund, the 28 Member States, Norway & Switzerland.
URBACT’s mission is to enable cities to work together and develop integrated solutions to common urban challenges, by networking, learning from one another’s experiences, drawing lessons and identifying good practices to improve urban policies.
Policy design and implementation
The URBACT III programme is organised around four main objectives:
- Capacity for Policy Delivery: to improve the capacity of cities to manage sustainable urban policies and practices in an integrated and participative way.
- Policy Design: to improve the design of sustainable urban policies and practices in cities.
- Policy Implementation: to improve the implementation of integrated and sustainable urban strategies and actions in cities.
- Building and Sharing Knowledge: to ensure that practitioners and decision-makers at all levels have access to knowledge and share know-how on all aspects of sustainable urban development in order to improve urban development policies.
- Porteurs de projet/Project holders: Secrétariat URBACT / URBACT Secretariat
- Acteurs/Stakeholders :Le programme URBACT est cofinancé par l’Union européenne/ The URBACT programme is co-financed by the European Union
- Crédits photo / photo credits : Secrétariat URBACT / URBACT Secretariat